The charity is called the Mumba Children’s Project based in rural Zambia. It was established in 2006 by a lady called Hildah Mulenga, after her son Mumba died in a tragic road accident. This wonderful charity has blossomed into something very special, bringing clean water, food, education, healthcare and community projects to the youth, elderly and vulnerable in their society.
Visit our website by clicking the button below:
Get Golfing has arranged for a youth golf project to be set up in the village of Mpongwe, Zambia. You may think we am crazy to think that people in rural Africa would have any interest in golf, but many recent contributing factors have prevented children from participating in sport.
What I want from you is to please donate any unwanted logo apparel you have; it may no longer fit you or is something that you just don’t wear anymore. I will be collecting donations until November 30th to which I will then organise for it all to be shipped to Zambia in December for the use of those people who are most in need. In addition, I am asking for:
• Golf Clubs – (we are all guilty of holding on to unused clubs gathering dust in the garage!)
• Other Golf Apparel
• Golf Balls
• Golf Bags
In addition to being part of a project that will help improve the lives of hundreds of people of all age groups in Zambia, Get Golfing is running a buy-back scheme on to everyone donating items to the charity. You will receive £10 off one of our fabulous new logoed shirts or jumpers.
Thank you so much in advance for any help you can provide. It means so much to the charity and especially the people of Zambia you are helping. The dates for we will be on site collecting are as follows:
• Arkley Golf Club – September 11th (am)
• Ansty Golf Centre – September 12th (pm)
• Hampton Court Palace – September 4th (pm)
• Pyrford Lakes – September 4th (pm)
• Redlibbets – September 18th (am)
• Sherfield Oaks – October 2nd (pm)
• The Club at Mill Green – September 11th (pm)
• Warley Park – September 25th (pm)